· 2 pounds fresh salmon filet, cut into pieces
· 2 tablespoons oil oil
· 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
· 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
· 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
· 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
· 1 pint cherry/grape tomatoes
· 6 balls fresh mozzarella, cut into pieces
· 15 fresh basil leaves
· balsamic glaze for drizzling
Preheat the broiler in your oven to high. If you don't want to broil these, you can cook them on the stovetop over medium-high heat or use a grill pan for a few minutes until cooked!
Place the salmon pieces on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the grapeseed oil. In a bowl, stir together the paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder and pepper flakes. Sprinkle it generously over the salmon pieces, covering all sides. Broil the salmon on the highest oven rack, directly until the flame, for 1 to 2 minutes, then toss the pieces and broil one more time.
Once the salmon is cooked, gently skewers it on bamboo or stainless skewers - there is no real method! Just alternate pieces of salmon with 2 tomatoes, a chunk of mozzarella and few basil leaves. Once everything is skewered, drizzle it with balsamic glaze. Serve!